AW: [governance] WSIS III

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Fri Feb 19 10:48:40 EST 2010

Thank you Wolfgang,
Now that you have oriented the Camps for us,
I can see that we (CS as a Group) needs to do something a bit more definitive:
reasearch, thinking, and postulation on:

Which "side" do we want to take [ITU | Icann | Independent] regarding IG of
ccTDL's, iDNs, and CIR issues.

What resultant mechanism would be the best for All (in particularly for people
of a lesser standard of living).

What contingencies work best with the Meta-Organizations
[ITU|Icann|iDNs|ccTLDs|CIR|etc].

Where is each Stakeholder's perspective: aligned, determined, and
understanding-of-perspective is interpreted.

-

This will take some time, I don't foresee any major paradigm-shifts in IG until
WSIS III. My guess is that, it would take a Blue Ribbon Work Group 3-4 years to
produce a thorough analysis and viable hypothesis of which could be marketed by
WSIS III. (Taking a definitive stance upon WSIS III)

I'm up for it, and willing to dedicate some resources (up to $1000 USD for
technical support - web hosting) out of my pocket.
Anyone wanting to match my offer or participate, publish your interest via this
list.

I personally or with the coordination of any University Research Team* that so
desires, will Host this objective on an online effort under the CS Flag.

*
Wolfgang's Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg,
McKnight-Hofmann-Cogburn-Mueller's IGP,
Bill Drake's The Graduate Institute,
Jeanette Hofmann's Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org