[governance] REVISION 3 Draft statement to UNSG on bypassing

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Thu Feb 18 11:16:46 EST 2010

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy wrote:
> Hello
>
> As observed, Parminder's draft is good, but when combined with parts of
> Jeremy's draft, it would be even more powerful.

Perhaps combining the two would be a good compromise. I still think it
is not necessary to explain to the UN why CSTD needs to get the report
in May. The follow para from Parminder is good for educating ourselves,
but I don't think UN headquarters need this explanation:

However, in the present case, if the report is not presented to the
 >     CSTD session this May, it will not be possible for ECOSOC to refer
 >     it to CSTD. This is for the reason that ECOSOC will be able to
 >     consider this issue only after May, and it is not possible for the
 >     matter to be put to CSTD next year since the final decision on
 >     continuation of the IGF will have to be made much earlier.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org