[governance] WARNING!!!! DO NOT OPEN LINK on "Iran suspends

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:53:16 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Roland Perry
<roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> In message <ec8caada1002110354l5affbe4amf69e8a92c18f3159 at mail.gmail.com>, at
> 13:54:22 on Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> writes
>>
>> I am flabberbgasted that these two gentlemen tried the link saw it
>> infected
>> and insstead of posting a WARNING,
>
> I considered my comments already posted here to be sufficient warning.
>
> What surprised me, is that I seem to be the first person to have announced
> the problem. Where is McTim when you need him??

Was up a mast (ok, more of a Gum tree, really), replacing some kit for
a school, mea culpa.

I've just tried the link again, I see no evidence of malware.

Rui, perhaps your box is infected, and that link just triggered a
dormant virus??

In any case, this subject matter is still very bad news, not so much
for Google, but for Iranian netizens.

--
Cheers,

McTim