[governance] A 50-Watt Cellular Network

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:20:54 EST 2010

VNL's present focus appears to be cellular telephone services while Village
Telco's interests lie in Wifi / mesh networking.

If these disruptive technologies are used to provide Internet Access
solutions, there is a possibility of solutions beyond telecom dependent
networking.

Village Telco's business model (of retaining profits for rural and informal
settlements rather than feeding a telco) is an indication that
telco-independent infrastructure and business models are feasible.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
http://www.isocmadras.com