OFFLIST:Re: [governance] Separate statement on themes for Vilnius

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Sun Feb 7 06:51:58 EST 2010

William Drake wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Feb 7, 2010, at 8:51 AM, McTim wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you could send me the link to the thread where it was
>> defined? I've 63 threads in my Inbox containing the term, and can't
>> find a definition of it in any of them.
>
> McTim, Parminder, you are both right.  R&P is a broad and
> underspecified concept, which makes it a bit of a hard sell, AND the
> caucus has endorsed it several times and it enjoys a lot of support
> here.  The latter trumps the former,

Why? Majority trumps reason?

so it should be included in the
> statement.

Just to reiterate what I said, certain MAG members will veto a main
session on rights. I didn't say that we should give up on this topic as
Jeremy suggests. I said we should be inventive and find new, perhaps
more abstract wording that offers a way out of this deadlock. I cannot
think of anything good at the moment but perhaps something such as
'legal provisions' would work?

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org