OFFLIST:Re: [governance] Separate statement on themes for Vilnius

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:50:52 EST 2010

Ginger.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Ginger Paque <gpaque at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone... I just got in to Geneva, and see that there have been no
> on Parminder's proposal.

I think 6 hours is a bit hasty to make such a judgement.  Our charter
does not say that "Silence equals consent".

I am ok with Bill's formulation, but don't think we have time to
debate the addition of additional text.  While I am all for NN and
Open Internet, we can't agree amongst ourselves if we should phrase it
Open Internet or NN, so I think we should leave it out for now.  It
doesn't seem to be global concern, but primarily a US c issue. Perhaps
I've missed some NN issues coming from other countries.

I am of the opinion that since we failed on the Human Rights theme
last time, we should not try it again.  I do trust Bill's analysis re:
the acceptance of a DA as a ripe topic.  I think we will hurt our
chances if we includes the Human Rights theme as we did previously.

--
Cheers,

McTim

     governance at lists.cpsr.org