[governance] Separate statement on themes for Vilnius

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Feb 5 07:26:43 EST 2010

I support Bill's draft below... I propose that co-coordinators take this
language for dev agenda, and the Hyderabad statement's for NN/ Open
Internet, and if the decision is to include 'Internet rights and
principles' in the list, abstract a short para on it from the earlier
statement which is relatively  not very sharp, and in size no longer
than the paras on dev agenda and NN. We shd put it out for a day or so
of last comments and then a final version for a consensus call over 48
hours.

In the statement we should also mention that special 3 hour workshops on
the two themes of dev agenda and NN were organized last year, which
represents a certain degree of maturity of these themes within the IGF
context. And if 'internet rights and principles' is included as a main
theme, that the DC on IRP has been doing good work in this area for
considerable time now, an dis in fact the most active dynamic coalition
(the much celebrated concept in the IGF).

Parminder