[governance] Separate statement on themes for Vilnius

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:34:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Ginger Paque <gpaque at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> I think we have some good discussions going on and they should continue.
> however, we need to move towards some concrete wording. Can we have
> proposals for consideration? (I was attracted to John Curran's "accountable
> Internet", but that was in another context).
>
> Could we have a some options? Short, one paragraph propositions to consider?

How about this:

The IGC supports paragraph 52 of the Tunis Agenda which states, Inter
alia, that 'all stakeholders, particularly from developing countries,
have the opportunity to participate in policy decision-making relating
to Internet governance".  We would like the IGF to explore the idea
that this could be developed further into a Main Theme for the IGF.
Previously we proposed a Human Rights and Development Agenda for
Internet Governance, and we see paragraph 52 supporting this position.

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org