[governance] Phase 1 of improvements to the IGC Web site

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Dec 23 18:35:09 EST 2010

Phase 1 of the improvements that I've been undertaking to the IGC Web site are complete.  These include:

Summary of posts to the governance list, recent Twitter posts, and our most recent statements, appear on the front page.
The Limesurvey polling software, and digress.it commenting software, have both been moved to our own Web space, and links provided from our main Web site (under "Statements").
Coordinators no longer need to edit the "Statements" page to post links to recent statements - if the "Statement" content type is used, they appear listed there automatically in chronological order.
Content has been re-organised, more logically, I think.
Coordinators can edit in rich text.
There is a search function.
The back end has been upgraded to the latest stable version.

Phase 2 of the improvements will be to add more interactivity to the site - blog space, wiki functionality, and hopefully to integrate Web site logins with the mailing list.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.