[governance] Re: My note on CSTD IGF WG consultation Dec 17

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 06:19:00 EST 2010

Dear CS IGC coordinators and All IGC Fellows,
I had been observing the efforts of Izumi while CSTD/IGF at Geneva.
Off course he served his responsibility to maximum level with his
self-motivation.

With reference to the establishment of a Working Group parallel to the
governmental setup, my suggestions are as follows:
1.          The proposed Name of the Group should not be limited to Non-Govt.
only,

(as most of us were agreed for the slogan of Multi-stakeholder contribution &
collaboration)
We may establish a larger group with the participation
of Multi-stakeholders: including CS, NGOs, Private/Business entities, Gov.
Representatives, Academia,

Technical Experts as well as the ISPs/Telecom Companies.
2.          We could establish this group within the framework of CS IGC as we
prepared last month, however, as per the suggestions of the caucus members and
intentions of affiliations of some other organizations, yes we can give it a new
name, a new organization which may have affiliations of different
organizations/institutions.
3          We can also offer limited seats for the membership of Experts Panel
as per any formula like 5+5+5 + + + = n members of all Multi-stakeholders.
            This expert panel may work on the given tasks like review of IGF,
Future Requirements and proposals for Policies Development regarded to Global
Internet Governance.

4.         I also suggest to open an affiliation mechanism, so the different
organization will join it for a common cause, sharing idea, common policies
development and for declaration of common statement like this IGF consultation.

5.         I would also propose the name of the Organization as well as the
Domain Name:
Organization Name:         Global Internet Governance Council (gIGC)
            Domain Name:                gIGCouncil.org
  (this domain name is available at this moment, if the coordinators take sharp
step to register this domain,
              otherwise if you depute this task to me, IGFPAK.org may offer
 free registration + hosting for this common initiative)
6.         Note:  A common name with Broader vision may bring additional
advantages. Otherwise, if we establish a step on bias level at the foundation,

the construction efforts may not be useful (at its own framework) after a period
of time when the common issue is resolved.

Thanking you and Best Regards

Imran Ahmed Shah
Urdu Internet Society
Internet Governance of Pakistan