[governance] Re: Final score in CSTD consultations ??

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:58:22 EST 2010

Hi Marilia,

2010/12/20 Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>

> This piece of news confirms the idea that the debates about enhanced
> cooperation and IGF improvement cannot be seen as separate things. The
> hypocrisy in US gov position, for instance, can only be made clear if we put
> both themes together.

hypocrisy? I can neither confirm nor deny, the mentioned initiative is led
by a congresswoman not by US government,  we can easily find different
opinions within a same country between executive and legislative powers or
even within the same government (having .ministries conducting opposite
policies)

for IGF there are some delegations which bring
both parliamentarians and government officials and that makes more sense.

other article
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/12/is-a-un-internet-takeover-looming-not-quite.ars

the issue is going mainstream (at least beyond the usual channels), we need
to be present and share IGC point of views>

Regards

Rafik