[governance] VS: Next Steps

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Dec 18 09:24:52 EST 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

Obviously that Plan B, a completely separate may not be necessary.  But since the observers are not part of the consensus making group, there still seems to me to be a need for some sort of Plan B, though maybe it is Plan C.  It is al well and good that the governments keep going back to their rules for excluding stakeholders from decisions, but why do the rest of the stakeholder need to accept that?   Isn't it time they change their processes? And what do we do when down the road we discover that they have decided to not listen to any of the observers comments?

Just as the GAC and ALAC in ICANN, that group's 'observers', have worked to make their own voices heard above the din of GNSO sovriegnty, so to the Stakeholders in the CSTD processes will need to make their own efforts to make sure they are heard and listened to.  We do not want to see so called 'improvements' that improve things only for one group of stakeholders.

I think Jeremy's idea of a parallel 'cooperating' process among the observers may be worth thinking through.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org