[governance] Round III - 15 from non-gov stakeholders 5+5+5

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Dec 17 16:43:32 EST 2010

Strange days indeed.

One would have thought that nation states would have learnt from recent
events such as wikileaks that they have no hope whatsoever of governing or
influencing this without co-operation from all other parties.

King Canute would have been proud of their efforts however...

Anyway all organisational structures influence their longevity or their
demise by their actions. All sorts of events are suggesting to me that some
bigger changes will evolve over the next 100 years or so as a result of the
effects of globally connnected information and communication networks. This
is the early days, and a few more empires are yet to crumble.

Ian Peter

     governance at lists.cpsr.org