[governance] Amazing

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:29:01 EST 2010

if the wording says "invites to participate" that could be OK (see my
proposed formulation) IF there is a set number of CS, PS and TA
participants, identified in the group.

otherwise, if it is in the direction of the Brazilian "invited to speak at
the discretion of the Chair", it should be a no go.

B.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:25 PM, William Drake <
william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> wrote:

> The microphones are off, we have all crammed into the front of the room
> trying to read faint letters on a screen. The text leaves us as invited
> guests, not members. I asked what incentive is there for our participation,
> silence. Marilyn and Izumi have gotten up to agree.
>
> It's an incredible way to make decisions. Maybe next the'll turn off the
> lights and do a voice vote.
>
> Bill
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Bertrand de La Chapelle
Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")