[governance] Round II

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Dec 17 09:04:29 EST 2010

Hi, two-hour lunch is ending now, and reconvene within a few minutes.
During lunch hours, as usual, some hall way conversation and lobbying
were made. Some government guy was trying to "lobby" the civil society
and private sector to sell some options of creating Task Force under
WG, or rotating membership from non-governmental actors,
invited speakers, etc. None of them, of course, will give equal status
within WG.

The Madam Chair will make her proposal soon and will see how it goes
with governments first, and we will be given floor later.

I think we will not reach any decisive consensus today, and will leave
some unresolved areas to the informal negotiations in Genava (and
elsewhere).

I do not plan to "accept" IGC position, in any case, but may try to
show some preferences if there is more viable proposal. But
I think that is very much unlikely.

Stay tuned, please.

izumi

2010/12/17 Baudouin SCHOMBE <b.schombe at gmail.com>:
> I call it a good method of communication. Thank you Izumi
>
> Baudouin
>

> 2010/12/17 Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org>
>>
>> William Drake
>> Academic, based in Geneva, spent throught WSIS and IGF.
>> Echo with all non-governmental actors:
>> Focus on operational issues –
>>
>> Peer-to-peer dialogue at WGIG – gave benefits to governmental members
>> even they were from governments.
>> It was the cake.
>> In a working group – equal footing – built trust and came up with
>> effective recommendations.
>>
>> If you make that WG – end-up with very poliarized positions between
>> different actors, not fruitful at the end.
>> Get them to work to have same kind of constructive collaboration.
>>
>> Tunisia
>> I didn’t feel member states against participations of all stakeholders
>> Para 40 of 2010/11 intergovernmental nature be preserved, but also
>> para 11, provide governments, civil society and private sector and IGO
>> – effectively
>> Equal participation does not mean equal political status.
>>
>> Brazil
>> Welcomes the way we found today for way out.
>> Always respecting UN rules.
>> Offer – suggestion regarding openness and transparency
>>
>> 1) Fully committed to openness
>>  Each Chair may invite five speakers in each meeting
>>  Each stakeholder present- could decide who will be five
>> representative, in self-organizing way
>> Balanced participation of developing and developed including those who
>> were not registered as accredited in ECOSOC
>> 2) Committed to transparency
>> Any state or stakeholders could attend the meeting
>>
>> ??
>> agree with India.
>> All organizations have to work according to UN rules.
>>
>> Adjourn for Lunch
>>
>> 3 pm to re-start, then the Chair will make some propositions for you
>> to c
>>

>> --
>>                        >> Izumi Aizu <<
>>
>>          Institute for InfoSocionomics, Tama University, Tokyo
>>
>>           Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita,
>>                                  Japan
>>                                 * * * * *
>>           << Writing the Future of the History >>
>>                                www.anr.org