[governance] meanwhile in actual IG news.....

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 16 08:58:42 EST 2010

On 16 Dec 2010, at 07:12, Adam Peake wrote:

>> http://blog.icann.org/2010/12/planned-changes-to-ipv4-reverse-dns-infrastructure/
>

> No, this <http://blog.icann.org/2010/12/2011-nominating-committee-opens-up/>
>
> :-)
>
> Adam

Think carefully before you get involved in the the ICANN nomcom process.  Make sure you understand the incredible degree of privacy you will have to give up to ICANN and its hired investigators before going through a very long and arduous process that is likely to leave you, and those you ask for references, feeling very burned.

It is not that I recommend against getting involved, and I encourage as many people as possible to get involved in the working groups and other efforts that are open to all.   I just recommend caution when getting involved with its Nomcom - get a full picture first of what they will ask of you, especially if you are chosen.  And make sure you are comfortable with the role of the ICANN staff, the access they (especially their legal department) may or may not have with the information their investigators find and the degree of guarantee you are given on the protection of your privacy.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org