[governance] EC consultation in NY: my report

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 16 00:35:28 EST 2010

On 16 Dec 2010, at 00:04, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> And if you are truly in favor of the status quo, then you should embrace IBSA because it will be easy to isolate the critical states there.

I also question, if the governments go off and do their own thing, why would any of the Internet governance organizations ever comply with their decisions.  Have they forgotten that one of the important reasons for the multistakeholder model was to give them an entry into the discussions,  and that without a multistakeholder model, they have very little means of affecting anything?  Yes, they can make some national laws and maybe even a framework treaty, but technology can always evolve around the laws and regimes they might create.  the only way to achieve anything is through a multistakeholder processes where everyone buys into the legitimacy of the process to at least some extent.

Or to put it another way, how does one achieve enhanced cooperation locked in room by ones self.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org