[governance] Shah' stmt at the close of today

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:54:14 EST 2010

I enjoyed watching the video cast and hearing the different perspectives.
One thing is certain, is that we can do what we can to being an appreciation
of "internet governance" amongst those in governments, particularly here in
Oceania, where IG is virtually new.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Drake William wrote:
>
> > The government representatives were all on topic.  With a few exceptions,
> the nongovernmental representatives were typically off topic, long self
> indulgent speeches about their own activities, views on the state of the
> world, etc.  It's hard to see how that helped make the case for the
> superiority and necessity of a multistakeholder process.  Reminiscent of
> some similar WSIS episodes, and arguably underscores that Geneva is a better
> setting for us than NYC.
> >
> > Hopefully the Brazil-India-South Africa text proposing a strictly
> intergovernmental group will be posted somewhere….
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Bill
>
> Bill -
>
>  Did you feel that the NRO or ISOC comments were off-topic?
>
> /John
>
> (who spoke on behalf of the
>  You received this message as a subscriber on the list:
>     governance at lists.cpsr.org

Salanieta Tudrau Tamanikaiwaimaro
P.O.Box 17862
Suva