[governance] UNCSTD

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Dec 12 07:10:27 EST 2010

In message <2DA93620FC07494C926D60C8E3C2F1A8A0757F at server1.medienkomm.un
i-halle.de>, at 19:41:58 on Sat, 11 Dec 2010, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang"
<wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> writes

>Hi all
>
>did you notice that the name ot the WG has changed into "Working Group
>on Internet Governance"?
>
>See:
>http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Page.asp?intItemID=5755&lang=1

A slip of the keyboard, or something more sinister? The main agenda
still has the old title:

<http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Download.asp?docid=14168&lang=1&intItem
ID=2068>

>Furthermore, the consultations on December 17, 2010 in Geneva are not
>open to the public but only to entities that have consultative status
>in the UNCSTD. This excludes obviously all individuals like academics
>or technical experts. Has the IGC a consultative status in the UNCSTD?

You can see who turned up to the most recent main session of the CSTD,
and which hats they were wearing:

<http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Download.asp?docid=13406&lang=1&intItem
ID=1942>

A list of Consultative Status NGOs is here (2008 version)

www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/pdf/INF_List.pdf

The familiar entities that I know of with Consultative Status are ICC,
APC, IT for Change, Réseaux IP européens; & ISOC (since July 2010).
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org