[governance] Re: [ciresearchers] Guardian Online: Live with the WikiLeakable world or shut down the net. It's your choice

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:08:15 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> wrote:
> Agreed re leveraging this as talking point to draw attention to need for broader - mutlistakeholder  - IG framework.

There is already a MS IG Framework, you can see it graphically here:

http://www.isoc.org/internet/issues/ecosystem.shtml

> Re misleading headlines, well that's how the media game is played, and I for one don't have  a problem with IGC playing that game too - for a good cause.
>
> The bogeyman of 'governments taking over' or 'UN taking over' Internet is also shown to be imaginary by the current case, we can make that point too.

I thought it was proved by the current case, no?  Governments will act
in what they perceive to be their own interests, IG Framework or not,
they will still take unilateral decisions.  Does anyone honestly think
this is not the case?

--
Cheers,

McTim