[governance] Need your input to CSTD Questionnaire on WSIS follow-up

Chad Lubelsky chad at apc.org
Tue Dec 7 08:27:50 EST 2010

> We also appreciate if any of your organization, say APC, IT for Change
> or any others could share the draft text with us here.

We (APC) are working on our statement and as soon as it's ready we will post to the list.

Cheers,

Chad

> [...]
> chapter of the Tunis Agenda for the Information Society which is
> headed “Implementation and Follow-up” (paragraphs 83-122).
>
> 5b. Which of these processes do you think have been most successful
> during the past five years and why?
>
> 5c. What action should be taken to build on this success during the
> next five years?
>
> 6a. Which WSIS implementation and follow-up processes do you think
> have been less successful during the past five years and why?
>
> 6b. What action should be taken to address these challenges during the
> next five years?
>
> 7. In your view, what important new issues or themes concerning the
> Information Society have emerged or become important since the Summit
> ended in 2005, which deserve more attention in the next five years?
>
> 8. What do you think should be the priority themes and areas of work
> for the implementation of WSIS outcomes during the next five years, up
> to the comprehensive review of WSIS in 2015?
>
> 9. How, if at all, do you think that WSIS follow-up processes need to
> change to take account of changing circumstances and priorities?
>
> 10. Please make any further comments below that you think would be
> useful to the review.
>
> ----------------------
>
> e-mail sent-out from CSTD Secretariat:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> The UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) is
> conducting a five year review of progress made in the implementation
> of, and follow-up to, the outcome of the World Summit on the
> Information Society (WSIS).
>
> The purpose of the review is to identify progress made, obstacles and
> constraints encountered, as well as actions and initiatives to
> overcome them.   The review will also consider how changes in the ICT
> landscape may call for increased/reduced attention to certain areas.
>
> To gather inputs for the review, the Chair of the CSTD has initiated
> an open consultation with all stakeholders, including UN and other
> intergovernmental agencies, governments, ICT sector associations and
> agencies, private sector and civil society actors. The principal
> issues in this consultation are set out in a questionnaire, which can
> be found online at http://www.unctad.info/en/CSTD_WSIS5 .  This
> questionnaire invites views and contributions concerning:
>
> the experience of WSIS implementation since 2005, at an international
> and regional level;
> changes which have taken place in the ICT landscape since WSIS; and
> priorities  for WSIS implementation and Information Society
> development over the next five years.
>
> It also includes space for other comments that contributors may wish to make.
>
> The questionnaire could be filled out directly online at the URL
> indicated above.  Responses could also be emailed to Mr. Mongi Hamdi
> (wsis5 at unctad.org)
>
> The Chair has invited responses to this questionnaire to be submitted

----

Chad Lubelsky - Global networking, policy and advocacy coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications
Montreal, Canada
chad at apc.org - +1 514 603 3382

---

APC 1990-2010 www.apc.org
Thank you for helping make APC what it is today!
¡Gracias por hacer de APC lo que es hoy!
Merci d'avoir contribué à faire d'APC ce qu'elle est aujourd'hui!