[governance] Comments to Dec 17 CSTD IGF (WG) meeting?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Dec 6 02:50:16 EST 2010

In message
<AANLkTin+2Bh9wtha_xU552e3LKQ+bG=Fbp2gAwMk+V=W at mail.gmail.com>, at
15:43:00 on Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> writes
>Another open consultation meeting on IGF is scheduled to take
>place in Geneva on Dec. 17.  Since we have not seen UN GA
>adopting the resolution yet, we are not sure if CSTD WG for IGF
>will be announced before this meeting or not.

The meeting on the 17th is the final day of the regular 2010-2011 CSTD
intersessional panel, although it is titled "CSTD Working Group on the
Internet Governance Forum (IGF)"

http://www.unctad.org/sections/un_cstd/docs/cstd2010d03_en.pdf

In the earlier "Roadmap" it says:

        "The outcome of the open consultations [24th November] will be
        used as input to the first CSTD Working Group meeting, which
        will take place in conjunction with the CSTD inter-sessional
        panel meeting in December 2010."

Which also suggests that they were expecting a formal meeting of the WG
(whose composition would need to be decided ahead of the meeting).

Perhaps I've missed an announcement that this is an "open" consultation
(rather than restricted to ECOSOC accredited members and perhaps those
WSIS-accredited agencies given a now-expired (but perhaps extended)
five-year "trial membership"?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org