[governance] FYI: ITU & ICANN

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sun Aug 29 21:17:51 EDT 2010

Of course there's a simple interim solution, although it may ICANNites gag - pay the ITU their fees and ICANN can apply to join ITU like any other sector member.  Prior to the next Plenipot.

I think ICANN can afford the fees, even if they're prohibitive for most civil society organizations.

And everyone would be happy - the ITU would finally have taken over the Internet, well at least ICANN, figuratively speaking - and Beckstrom can hang at ITU meetings.

Right? : )

Lee