[governance] CS speaker suggestions for the opening and closing

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Sun Aug 22 22:02:51 EDT 2010

I share this suggestion to nominate Wolfgang Kleinwaechter in view of
the IGF renewal issue - he has been involved in the recent regional
(informal) IGF consultations, not only in Europe, but also in Asia.

I say so because I think the Vilnius meeting - though not a decision
making body - will provide crucial input into the debate about the
future of the IGF (where many of our various, other concerns are located).

Norbert Klein

=

On 08/22/2010 08:40 PM, William Drake wrote:
> Hi Ginger
>
> I nominate Wolfgang Kleinwachter, who I think could hit the right
> political notes re: IGF renewal etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>
> On Aug 22, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Ginger Paque wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> Thank you for the nominations of:
>> Valeria Betancourt (not confirmed)
>> Fatimata Seye Sylla
>>
>> While these are two excellent candidates, I repeat my call for
>> nominations for IGC Civil Society speakers for the opening and
>> closing main sessions at the IGF Vilnius 2010.
>>
>> We are looking for excellent and representative speakers for CS as a
>> first priority, and aim to help the balance of diversity in all of
>> its facets in the program. I understand that it is taking time to
>> confirm availability, but ask that nominations be submitted as soon
>> as possible, as the IGF Secretariat needs to finalize the program and
>> speakers.
>>
>> If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me/Jeremy privately.
>>
>> Best, Ginger
>>
>> On 8/20/2010 1:28 PM, SAMUELS,Carlton A wrote:
>>>
>>> An excellent prospect!
>>>

>>> Carlton Samuels

>>> Jang). She was nominated member of the ICANN At-Large Advisory

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

Words Can Reveal or Obscure
Sunday, 15.8.2010

http://wp.me/p2Gyf-1E6
(to read it, click on the line above.)