[governance] CS speaker suggestions for the opening and closing

SAMUELS,Carlton A carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Fri Aug 20 13:58:11 EDT 2010

An excellent prospect!

Carlton Samuels

From: Ginger Paque [mailto:gpaque at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:43 AM
To: governance at lists.cpsr.org; Tijani BEN JEMAA
Cc: 'Ginger Paque'; 'Fatimata Seye Sylla'
Subject: Re: [governance] CS speaker suggestions for the opening and closing

I am pasting Fatimata's short Bio here, for those who may not be able to receive the attachment:

Fatimata Seye Sylla, Senegal (Africa)

Fatimata Seye Sylla holds a Master of Science from the Media Lab at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a DUT in Computer Science from IUT du Havre in France, a Certificate of Business Administration from CESAG, Dakar, the regional management school for Africa.

After several years of experience in the field of ICT for development in Africa, she is now the National Coordinator of the USAID/EDB project, in charge of the integration of ICTs in teaching/learning practices in Middle Schools for quality education in Senegal.

Madam Sylla is the author of several publications and studies in the fields of ICT, Education, gender and development, ICT and democracy and Internet Governance. She is a founder member of several associations (ISOC Senegal, OSIRIS, FOSSFA, ACSIS, REGENTIC, Bokk Jang). She was nominated member of the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee (ICANN ALAC) on November 2007 and also elected President of the African Regional At-Large Organisation (AFRALO) in 2009.

Fatimata participated actively in the World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) since the first PrepCom of its first phase. She also participated in all the IGF editions at the national, regional and international levels.