[governance] Re: Net neutrality on mobiles

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Aug 10 12:19:20 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 09:29 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <A30B6570-648C-4DC5-AE7C-61B0CC030CD2 at post.harvard.edu>, at
> 11:00:48 on Tue, 10 Aug 2010, David Allen
> <David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu> writes
>> Common carrier rules were entirely rigid in societies like the US
>> where, at least once upon a time, the importance of free flow of
>> information was hallowed.
>
> On the other hand, even US-based ISPs have acknowledged that having
> spammers as customers is damaging to their reputation, and it would be
> undersirable to be forced to carry the traffic.

Roland

You are entitled to your views, but let us not confuse the issues under
discussions. No serious proponent of network neutrality speaks against
specific measures like spam control and taking steps against possible
harms to the network. I am sure you know what are the real issues of
contestation here. Why dont we do a fair debate on these real issues.
Parminder
     governance at lists.cpsr.org