[governance] Net neutrality on mobiles

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Aug 10 12:08:08 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 07:03 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <4C6151FC.3010401 at wzb.eu>, at 14:19:56 on Tue, 10 Aug 2010,
> Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> writes
>
>> Perhaps Google-Verizon is just the first deal that goes public.
>
> The 0.facebook deal mentioned on this list earlier in the week seems
> to predate it. But like others, I'm puzzled why paying to get your
> content delivered more efficiently is such a surprise - Akamai have
> offered this for a decade, and it's the reason why pure content
> providers are members of out-of-state[1] IXPs, which they have
> achieved despite, in the distant past, some hard-liners saying the
> benefits should be restricted to reseller connectivity ISPs (and not
> direct to end sites).
>
> [1] State meaning their home country.

Roland, You are basically saying that you are completely puzzled about
what could possibly be bothering all those who have been writing
articles and blogs on this issue in the last two days. You think they
simple have no point at all, whether you agree with them or not, and are
simply confused? Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org