[governance] History of the IGF

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sun Aug 1 09:05:39 EDT 2010

Quite interesting recollection, Wolf. So it seems the seminal IG
proposals derive from the multilateral Beirut declaration of Feb.2003.
For me was an interesting time, as I was joining the Brazilian Internet
Steering Committee again (my first Icann meeting was the Rome one in
March 2003 incidentally) after helping to build a proposal for a
multistakeholder CGI.br to the new federal government (Lula), which was
basically accepted. At the time, I had no idea of the Beirut meeting and
got in contact with this new "universe" as my NGO also joined the WSIS
process.

I think putting together the many historical pieces could result in an
interesting story indeed.

frt rgds

--c.a.

Carlos A. Afonso