[governance] Vilnius workshops

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Apr 27 14:45:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

below an email from Markus Kummer with information on workshops and
other meetings for Vilnius.

Short version: 90 proposal for workshops have been submitted and posted
on the IGF website, alas they need to be cut down to a total of 50 or 60.

jeanette

The list of all
workshop proposals has been posted earlier today. In total, we have
close to 90  proposal for workshops / best practices sessions. We will
continue to do some light editing, but rest assured: no new proposals
will be added.

As in previous years, we are preparing a scoring sheet that we will send
out to the list, to assist you in determining whether the proposals
fulfill the various criteria we have agreed on, such as relevance and
diversity in terms of geographical, gender and stakeholder participation
as well as diversity of viewpoints.

Please bear in mind that we will also receive  proposals for open forum
from relevant organizations and national/regional IGF type initiatives.

  From a scheduling point of view, we should be able to accommodate a
maximum of around 80 workshops and other events, including dynamic
coalition meetings and open forums, bearing in mind that this year's
slots have been lengthened from 90 minutes to two hours, thus reducing
the number of slots available. This means that the number of workshops
will need be reduced to a total of between 50 and 60, depending on the
number of other events. Such a number would also be in line with the
feedback we received in last February's stock-taking session..

Best regards
Markus.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org