[governance] OC meetings in Geneva May 10 and 11 IGC statement?

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 17:16:06 EDT 2010

I understand. Often we are faced with balancing good goals against each other. It is the free pass versus the achiever problem. If we indeed make this move to be more inclusive of those deserving for reasons other than a complete dedication to being involved do we dilute the value of a "seat at the table"? The answer is always yes, and so we must compensate in someother way those that have worked so hard to be included.

In this case the "tradeoff" is easy. Those already participating and investing their efforts will be rewarded by the intrinsic value of a higher diversity and greater inclusiveness.

What we cannot do and must never do is fail to keep this accountable and transparent and very open, that that is exactly what we are doing.