[governance] so do i owe bill drake a pizza or not?

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Sep 30 11:28:52 EDT 2009

Hi Carlos

On Sep 30, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:

> Tense times, the dawn of a new / modified / really-not-new / whatever
> ICANN-USG agreement,

Interesting bits

*The US Asst. Sec of Commerce has a reserved seat on the PDP review
(but not the others)

*The Board will "take action" within six months of receipt of the
recommendations

*The IP lobbyist language on new gTLD and WHOIS

The review panel process is going to be fun...

Hmm...maybe Milton and I should split the bill.  Certainly 'some'
change, at least in form...

> decision of which city will hold the 2016 Olympics
> (Chicago x Rio) in two days, I can no longer sleep...

Can't imagine Obama's getting on a plane without some assurances...

Bill

> William Drake wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 30, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Rui Correia wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds better than the Rough Guide and the Lonely Planet entries for
>>> Chicago!
>>>
>>> Rui
>>>
>>> 2009/9/30 Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com>
>>> Yes indeed you do!
>>>
>>> AND it must be a 'Chicago Style' deep dish,
>>

>> As a native Chicagoan I appreciate the spirit of Yehuda's suggestion,
>> but as far as I know deep dish exists mostly for tourists.  Pizza is
>> better in Geneva, and more expensive, which makes it more suitable
>> for
>> Milton's penance.
>>

>> On Sep 30, 2009, at 5:00 AM, Adam Peake wrote:
>>
>>> Might depend on how you two define "change"
>>
>> Thanks for the archival work Adam (you bored?), I didn't recall that
>> Milton's final offer set the bar so low,

>> Ok, I guess they've changed "something" by formally calling out the
>> GAC
>> to put up or...
>>
>> Still calls for a pie in my book.
>>
>> Bill