[governance] Legal Analysis re: Results of charter amendment

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Sep 29 19:37:06 EDT 2009

Only responding to say I am misquoted here by Jeffrey and said no such
thing, on list or off list.

I am not aware of any appeal being lodged. I am not aware of any statement
from Paul saying he is appealing (in the lodging of an appeal sense). But
more importantly, the period for appeals is closed and that's it. Unless the
Appeals Team wants to accept any valid late appeals and advise the co
coordinators accordingly.

The Appeals Team info was posted here and also is at
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/18. Straight of the main navigation menu under
About Us.

I have tried to stay out of this as much as possible so as to be fair to all
parties concerned and all viewpoints expressed, and lest my actions be
construed as officiously defending the co coordinators. But like most people
on this list I am fed up with this discussion and ask, Jeffrey, that you
move on. I also suggest to everyone else that there is little to be gained
by further responses here and an awful lot of focus to be lost if this is
where we put our attention in the leadup to Sharm.

Forming a working group to amend the charter would be a good step and I do
encourage it.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org