[governance] IGC nominations for speakers at Sharm IGF meeting

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Sep 29 17:20:39 EDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who put their name forward for this. After some
discussions with the Secretariat and some strong hints from them as to the
sorts of nominations that would be preferable, we have forwarded the
following final list. Please note that the people on this list are not
definitely speaking and in some slots we may have one speaker only. I
believe decisions will be made in the next few days and there may be
changes.

Orientation:
Rafik Dammak (Youth)
Ginger Paque

Opening:
Lisa Horner
Katitza Rodriguez

Closing:
Anja Kovacs
Katitza Rodriguez

PS ­ on a personal note, I would hope that each of our speakers takes the
opportunity to raise our concerns about rights issues being marginalised.
I¹m sure there are many ways this can be built into each session with a
degree of politeness, and it is important I believe that we stress issues
like this and not less these sessions and our contributions become just
meaningless repetitive platitudes.

Ian Peter