[governance] Results of charter amendment vote

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Sep 29 01:33:10 EDT 2009

I voted against the amendment, but do not have a problem with the procedure used.
The real problem is that a high bar was set regarding the membership portion who have to vote. If a loose organization such as this attracts 200 people who call themselves "members" at point A and after two years 35% of them lose interest and stop participating, then no charter amendments would ever be possible. If the vote were a close one it would be different, of course. As it is, all that happened was that the vote extension allowed the will of an overwhelming majority to be executed.