Competition ? Re: [governance] is icann ...

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 23 11:40:09 EDT 2009

I think all would agree that governance regarding the Internet really requires a two prong result. First would be technical "RFC" protocals that should be established as standards recognized and generally accepted. The second should be the governance of peoples and rights.  What we have seen go so terribly wrong in ICANN is a failure to recognize ability and to comprhensively recognize and develop human resources in the two distinct fields of expertise.
I do not hire an engineer to arrange, cater and host my cocktail parties or care for and administer aid to ailing children.  I do not hire professors of law and sociologists to be mechanics on my 2010 mercedes.(it has 1,000xs more computing power than my 2001 pc)

We do not elect scientists. We should not appoint Chairman. We do not reach consensus on positive and negative currents. We should not just accept copyrights.
Until we are free to distinguish between the two and commonly seperate the functions we can not recognize the qualities of both and resolve issues as to integration.