[governance] Letter to Rod Beckstrom

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 12:15:01 EDT 2009

Why when we look at Internet Governance do we fall prey to the same old wolves that would keep us in the same old box.

"de" this and "anti" that. Believe it or not we are not required to speak in the same old nationalistic paradigms.  We are not bound by these old idioms and wonderfully nastalgic philosphic diagrams.

Why not speak in terms of "co-peratives"  "combines" "synergism"?  Why not offer up the notion that what the "We the people" want and need can be "capitalized" on -- and that is OK.
Why not offer up the principles that goodwill can be good living. Why not promote the Ideas that Communal and Demo are not mutually exclusive and that economics can do quite well reflecting the peoples needs rather than dictating them.

We have got to begin by our view and vision. We got to got to got to stop seeing a problem and begin to get used to and expecting to see solutions. We got to start looking past and through our differences and start seeing our commonalities.

Our Global Internet Social and Technical Environment deserves stewards who are willing to drop the old clubs and begin new ones based upon our new capacities to create and destroy. WE need the energy of the young and the capabilities of the old. We need human social infrastructure that is adaptable and inclusive.

"When what you have done, 40 times, no longer works -- get all crazy and try something new, you may find that the pain of change is overwhelmed by the sweetness of success"
ed -2001 on the 911 tragedy