[governance] New Complex Systems development -- gTLDs

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 11:50:22 EDT 2009

Put plain and simple, when governing bodies allow large developers to develop they require certain services and infrastructure be provided  for the public good. I have only limited experience in this area, California, Arizona, Mexico, Vietnam and France. But I have seen in all developments, residential, commercial and industrial that the developer be required to provide for such things as fire, school, common areas, open space and even utilities and roads.

Why can't we, when giving developers the right to build a new gTLD, do the same. Make the developer provide for Education, Safety and Voting.