[governance] Dynamic Coallition on ICANN Accountability

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Tue Sep 15 22:02:40 EDT 2009

Nice to hear from you Dan!
Ladies & Gentleman if you don't know Danny Younger,
He's probably the single-most-hardest-working advocate for the Internet.
it's been an honor to have know him through the years, and a brilliant asset on
to have on your side.

Re.:
> My own view is that it makes little sense to amend the bylaws to create an
>Independent Review Tribunal as an accountability mechanism when we haven't
>even had a chance to analyze whether the current IRP works sufficiently or is
>somehow deficient.

IHMO:

Icann is swinging full bore to Wall Street, we will digest ICMregistry's .xxx
registry because the will of Wall Street commands it.

For you Others Folks out there, wake up, Icann has become and is now, nothing
more than a 'Franchise Tax board'.
[It issues Franchises and collects Taxes]

And I'll state again as I did years ago when I first met Mr. Younger:
It's Taxation *without* Representation.

And Wall Street loves Franchises: dot.xxx, dot.whatever they can get their
hands on, and if its not stopped, someday the Net will be completely owned by
the Global Financial Markets.

-

D, hope all is well, hope you had a great summer, keep up the watchful eye!

Thnx
     governance at lists.cpsr.org