[governance] Help needed to list National and regional IGFs

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 06:22:31 EDT 2009

Its interesting to note that there are no regional IGFs taking place
in the wider Africa, Central Asia, Asia, South Asia, South East Asia &
the Pacific and Australasia.

Would this be a key point to include in regional IGFs and the IGF
itself to help build and lift the capacity of these regions to
stimulate country or regional level IGF activities? This would also
make clear why some countries that are member of the UN adopt a very
radical approach to finishing the Internet Governance Forum like what
happened during the last Open Consultations?

I feel happy to see that your regions are making good amounts of
progress, Brazil and Europe in particular whereas the rest of the
world needs some IG related stimulation and capacity building and
inclusiveness is a very big area for Internet Governance. It is just
like Human Rights that more than 90% population on the planet isn't
aware of their human rights. That figure is way over for IG.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Carlos A. Afonso<ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:
> Bertrand,
>
> Did you get info on the LA&C regional one already (Rio, Aug.11-13)? In
> any case, the website is http://www.nupef.org.br/igf/. We hope to get
> summary reports in Spanish, Portuguese and English online soon.
>
> [] fraterno
>
> --c.a.
>
> Bertrand de La Chapelle wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We are trying to collate an extensive list of the various initiatives at
>> national and regional levels that took place in 2009 in preparation of the
>> IGF.
>>
>> I sollicit your help in making this list as comprehensive as possible.
>> Please indicate the initiatives you have initiated, participated in or heard
>> about with, if possible, the following information :
>>
>>    - Title of the event
>>    - Date
>>    - Location
>>    - Main organizers
>>    - Address of the web site where more information can be found
>>
>> This information can be sent to me offlist to prevent clogging the list, and
>> we'll collate it in a single document to be circulated afterwards.
>>
>> Information about the Carribean, Latin America, East Africa and West Africa
>> regional events, as well as national events in Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya,
>> Italy and the US are already gathered, so there is no no need to duplicate.
>>

>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Bertrand

Regards.