[governance] Halal Search Engine

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:44:12 EDT 2009

"whois " is your friend:

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Shahzad Ahmad<shahzad at bytesforall.net> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>

> Do you know something about this "HALAL" Search Engine...  www.iamhalal.com
>
> It seems that now cyberspace is heading towards religious divisions also...
> This search engine only wants to focus Muslim Internet Users. Couldn't
> figure out that who is behind it?

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>whois -h whois.rrpproxy.net iamhalal.

; This data is provided by TransIP BV
; for information purposes, and to assist persons obtaining information
; about or related to domain name registration records.
; TransIP BV does not guarantee its accuracy.
; By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data
; only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances, you will
; use this data to
; 1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
;    unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via E-mail
;    (spam); or
; 2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply
;    to this WHOIS server.
; These terms may be changed without prior notice.
; By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

DOMAIN: IAMHALAL.COM

RSP: TransIP BV

owner-contact: P-RGA434
owner-fname: R
owner-lname: abdolalizadeh sardeha
owner-street: De waarden 135
owner-city: zupthen
owner-zip: 7206 GC
owner-country: NL
owner-phone: +31 657938393
owner-email: reza_sardeha at hotmail.com

admin-contact: P-RLA441
admin-fname: R
admin-lname: abdolalizadeh sardeha
admin-street: De waarden 135
admin-city: zupthen
admin-zip: 7206 GC
admin-country: NL
admin-phone: +31 657938393
admin-email: contact at imhalal.com

tech-contact: P-RSA465
tech-fname: R
tech-lname: abdolalizadeh sardeha
tech-street: De waarden 135
tech-city: zupthen
tech-zip: 7206 GC
tech-country: NL
tech-phone: +31 657938393
tech-email: contact at imhalal.com

billing-contact: P-RLA441
billing-fname: R
billing-lname: abdolalizadeh sardeha
billing-street: De waarden 135
billing-city: zupthen
billing-zip: 7206 GC
billing-country: NL
billing-phone: +31 657938393
billing-email: contact at imhalal.com

nameserver: ns1.lunarbreeze.com
nameserver: ns2.lunarbreeze.com

; TransIP BV
; Real-time domeinregistratie en -beheer vanaf 4.99 Euro!
; http://www.transip.nl/products/domain/

> They claim to be blocking ALL "unethical" websites... I reckon a new
> interesting form of blocking..isn't it? I also feel that this search engine
> wants to develop their business "using" religion :)

so? let them.

--
Cheers,

McTim