[governance] Re: [ga] DAG3: VeriSign Concerns

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 22 16:25:13 EDT 2009

Danny and all,

  These concerns from/by Verisign are perfictly reasonable and deserve
direct and concise answers.  I share several of these concerns from
Verisign.  ICANN has not come even close to demonstrating it has
any significant IT security acumen and in fact has demonstrated
the contrary far too often to even count accurately, however I have
reported some 432 different ICANN responsible security issues to
DHS accordingly.

  Conversly Versign has some rather embarasing IT security incidences,
one recently reported regarding their signature database being hacked,
exposing hundreds of thousands of customers to potential great risk
accordingly.  Such makes one wonder why DOC/NTIA signed a significant
contract with Verisign accordingly not long ago now and just prior to
the before mentioned security breach.