[governance] Arguable relations

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Mon Oct 12 04:23:47 EDT 2009

Dear all

I'd be interested in the reaction and in the opinion of African CS organizations or members, especially those who were/are involved in the WSIS process, after watching this ITU Telecom World "event" around Zimbabwe's president.

http://www.telecomtv.com/comspace_videoDetail.aspx?v=4149&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10#

As for me, I'm profoundly shocked by this "cheek to cheek" between the ITU SG and one of the world's most controversial head of state, partcularly as far as civil rights and citizens survival are concerned.
That's why I also ask APC as a sector member of ITU, what they intend to do concerning this "event". Perhaps Willie Currie may make an appropriate comment ?

Jean-Louis Fullsack