[governance] Re: SELF - Authority

Cosmin L. Neagu cosmin.neagu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 21:20:11 EDT 2009

I never said that the "other people" are basically immoral or bad. I just
said that a government for billions of people based on "one person one vote"
tends to be inefficient.
Also, such a voting process at this scale would be quite the nightmare for
all kind of reasons.

I am not advocating the abolition of all kinds of government and I'm not
advocating for ICANN. I'm only saying that we don't need it for everything
and that having a vote on the matter is just an illusion of control.
We have all kind of standards developed outside of government. We can just
as well have a standard for collaborating in the DNS field without the need
trust ICANN.

We can have more control bypassing ICANN altogether.
Again, I'm only talking about the particular ICANN/DNS situation ... we can
develop a system to bypass ICANN control and leave all the power in the
hands of the people.
In this situation you don't need to vote so that somebody might do the right
thing ... we already have the power and just have to use it.

Cosmin