[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation; ICANN's Breathtaking

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 9 17:13:14 EDT 2009

Paul and all,

  ICANN has sense it's conception, and even before under the
gTLD-MOU has been seeking the "Independance" as it defines it.
Perhaps to some folks glee it has achieved that now or soon
will given this ICANN/USG Affirmation.  But the comparison you
IMO properly drew to an extent with the Sadam Hussain regime in
IRAQ, now thankfully defunct, to ICANN's "Independance" is indeed
shocking and audacious as well as very potentially dangerous as
well in may obvious and not so obvious ways and end effects.