[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Oct 8 05:31:19 EDT 2009

In message
<76f819dd0910070952q73bf4e2bx7ed35c1aae933222 at mail.gmail.com>, at
12:52:15 on Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Paul Lehto <lehto.paul at gmail.com> writes
>Roland,  now you're saying that I've got a burden of proof and that I
>misstated something.

No, I'm looking for something that supports your assertions. We haven't
got to the stage of drawing conclusions, because you haven't fully
evidenced a case.

>If you speak of getting rid of ICANN, aka "nuking" it, that provision
>to which I presume you refer requires ICANN's agreement, which renders
>it a nullity.

No, the proposition (if I understand it correctly) is that if ICANN does
something completely unjustifiable, that there should be an option to
"fire the board". ICANN isn't just the board, and the board wouldn't
have to agree.

--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org