[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 7 16:25:52 EDT 2009

Paul and all,

  Execellently articulated and spot on IMO.  Seems that the
USG in DOC/NTIA has decided via some communications from
the White House and/or the relevant committees in both houses
of congress have decided that ICANN cannot be held accountable
effectively.  I think such a notion is/was nonsense and gives
US Citizens a hint of significant proportion that public servants
too often are not interested in serving the public's interests
unless those interests are in line with whatever politicaly
correct or assumed consideration(s) from withing those USG
organs independantly.