[governance] Re: Fwd: [dns-operations] DNSSEC in the Root Zone

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Oct 7 07:46:51 EDT 2009

On 7 Oct 2009, at 05:17, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> (This is a good opportunity to show that the end of the JPA changed
> nothing.)
>
> IANA/ICANN, now "independent", is currently asking the US governement
> about its plans for the inclusion of TLD keys in the signed root.

As several comments have already pointed out:  US DOC/NTIA  still
controls the choke point.  And as I understand it, has no plans to
change that arrangement.

But it may be wrong to say nothing has changed.  While the US used to
be rather hands off in terms of JPA oversight, I wonder whether the
governments of GAC will be as gentle with the AoC.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org