[governance] Avri: 'Work Group Guidlines' summary

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sun Nov 29 14:58:41 EST 2009

Thank you Avri, for providing a "live-explanation" of the current flora,
I'd been struggling with how the latest 'culturual & systemic' incarnation at
Icann will work,
and if it would work for/with WG's I am involved with.

I for one feel that the IGF is drifting, ... away from a 'virtualized
governance' (a independent Internet Governance) too a 'grounded real-world'
governance of individual Nation-State control.

As it is now I'm weighing the IGF-counter-Icann and judging the resultant
conditions each venue provides. (where my allegiance lies).
Or it is perhaps that something New may have to be created.

In retrospect, it would be ideal if the ICANN GNSO & the UN IGF adapot a common
set of	'Work Group Guidlines', in that the WG's can work integrally between
both.
But thats Ideal.

Thank you so much.
Kind regards