Extending Rights to the Internet: (Was RE: [governance] Example

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 28 13:18:31 EST 2009

Do we apply the same standards when addressing the rights of weaker individuals as we do when addressing the rights of weaker governments?

Who should a strong government be accountable to?

We cannot ignore the fact that quite often the weak are weak because of something they are responsible for.  As we cannot ignore the benevolence of so many on this list, we also cannot totally ignore the benevolence of strong government.  Sometimes weakness is a result of making a conscious choice not to risk what is given, by demanding what is earned.  If a weak government is a welfare government, what right do they have to demand?