[governance] APC assessment of the fourth IGF

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:06:15 EST 2009

Indeed, the APC report is a very detailed and complete perspective
from the participating civil society groups.

However, I would add that where it is mentioned, Increased recognition
of the importance of human rights in internet governance, let us not
forget that the issue of the Development Agenda for the IGF is an
equally important issue and human rights and the development agenda go
hand in hand and I would like to suggest to use Human Rights and
Development Agenda so that the importance of these issues can be
continued to be recognized. We have been observing the interest from
various other multistakeholders that are already taking practical
actions like the Council of Europe etc.....

It is also true that I could clearly see more developed world
participants than us from the developing world and it should be Civil
Societies concentrated effort this round of Open Consultations and MAG
meetings to take forward the following collectively and we should have
an IGC Statement now as a review of the IGF 2009:

1. Increased recognition of the importance of Human Rights in Internet
Governance
2. Increased recognition of the importance of Development Agenda for IGF
3. Increased need for more participation from developing world.

Secondly, on the point no 6 about:
Multi-Stakeholder Advisory Group meetings and open consultations
"We propose that the open consultation be extended to two days and the
MAG meeting reduced to one day. This would maximise the openness of
the process by which input is received and discussed."

- Do we have consensus on this from the other multistakeholders or
this is only from APC's end?

More comments as I go through the report once again....

--
Regards.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org